Have no idea what to get that techie/geek on your list? Looking for something outside the box, but not too far-out? We have put together a collection of gifts that we are certain any techie/geek on your list would love to find under their tree.
For any techie/geek:
- Leatherman Skeletool – If you don’t know what to give, give this
- BlackVue DashCam WiFi – If they love their car, give this
- Clore 12V Power Inverter – Everyone can use an AC outlet in a car
- LED Lenser M7RX Flashlight – Powerful light, super long runtime, just plain cool
- S3 case – Water-proof, crush-proof, float…basically indestructible
For the techie/geek who is ready to trade in their Casio calculator watch:
- Casio Edifice 720 Chronograph – Atomic clock precision, powered by light
If asked what watches we would recommend as gifts, we could easily come up with a dozen off the top of our heads. However, if asked for just ONE recommendation…of all the watches we have had the pleasure of wearing over the years, the one we would pick for ourselves (thus the one we would recommend) is the Casio Edifice 720 Chronograph. The reasons are simple: It has built-in solar cells to power all of its functions and it will automatically recalibrate itself via radio signals from the multi-band atomic timekeeping towers, up to 6 times per day, all over the world. Enough said.
For the creative techie/geek:
- CRKT Taos Pen – Smooth flowing, lethal in the right hands
- Quiver pen holder – Handmade, functional, beautiful
- Moleskine notebook – City Book, Blank Book, Rule Book
- Sensu brush – For the artist who wants to stop finger-painting on the iPad
- Wacom Creative Stylus – Pressure-sensitive pen for the iPad
- Wacom Intuos Pro – For the creative professional wishing for the latest in drawing tablet tech (pressure, multi-touch, stylus, control ring, custom keys)
Stocking stuffers for the techie / geek:
- CRKT Eat’N Tool – Spoon, fork, bottle opener, screwdriver, metric wrenches
- Kyocera ceramic paring knife – Scary sharp, edge lasts 10x longer
- The Nest – Help keep ear buds and cords under control
- Adlens Hemisphere Glasses – Variable focus, no doctor visit needed
- Zing Anything Citrus Zinger – Flavor the water with real flavor
Of course, the goal of this guide is to give a sampling of what may be of interest to folks who think the way we do. If you don’t see anything that grabs you on this year’s list, feel free to check out past years’ lists (2012, 2011, 2010). We are pretty confident that you will find something to your liking.
Tomorrow, we are going to change gears, head toward the kitchen, and give some suggestions for our foodie friends. We have assembled some amazing RainyDayKitchen recommendations for 2013. We are sure you will love them. Happy Holidays!!!