When Apple announced the iPhone 11 last September we didn’t really pay much attention, because our trusty iPhone 6 was still quite serviceable, if a bit long in the tooth.
When we checked out the iPhone 11’s camera specs, however, we realized it was time to put our iPhone 6+ out to pasture and get with the times.
Getting a new iPhone also meant that we would need a slew of new accessories in order to maximize the phone’s capabilities.
The usual suspects were: portable power packs, ear buds, speakers, and cases. The RainyDayInterns found some unique versions of these accessories for the new iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Work, work, work 😉
- Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras
- Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view
- Wide: ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Telephoto: ƒ/2.0 aperture
- 2x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 10x
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High-Key Mono)
- Dual optical image stabilization (Wide and Telephoto)
- Five‑element lens (Ultra Wide); six-element lens (Wide and Telephoto)
- Brighter True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- 100% Focus Pixels (Wide)
- Night mode
- Auto Adjustments
- Next‑generation Smart HDR for photos
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Advanced red‑eye correction
- Photo geotagging
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode
We are happy to welcome Apple’s latest iPhone to the team, and look forward to learning about and getting familiar with its new capabilities.
Like our other iPhones, and because we are firm believers in “reuse is better than recycle,” we’ll find a useful role for the newly “retired” iPhone 6+.
We wanted a fully protective case for the iPhone 11 Pro Max, one with an integrated wireless internal backup battery. The obvious goto source was mophie.
mophie’s Juice Pack Access (JPA) case and Charge Stream Pad+ charger is an excellent “power couple” for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The JPA case offers drop protection and can provide wireless backup power for the iPhone when needed.
The Pad+ can wirelessly charge the iPhone (or any Qi-enabled smartphone) through cases up to 3 mm thick. Pretty good!
- 10050mAh external battery pack
- Maintains battery power for up to 1 year
- Two USB ports
- Durable waterproof, rubberized finish
- 6700 mAh external battery pack
- Built-in cables and AC plug
- Charges up to 3 devices simultaneously
Bose SoundSport FREE ear buds
- Reliable Bluetooth connections
- Volume-optimized equalizer
- Water resistant
- 5-hour battery and charging case
These Bose SoundSport headphones play consistently and clearly, whether the phone is in your hand, in your pocket, or sitting on top of the treadmill, wirelessly. The volume-optimized EQ and Bose digital signal processing make music sound full and balanced at any volume. Best of all, these earbuds aren’t afraid of sweat or rain. Comes with charging case and fit-customizing accessories.
VAVA Voom 20 portable speakers
- CD-quality sound
- Bass equalizer and dual passive subwoofers
- Bluetooth wireless connection
- IPX5 splash-proof
- Doubles as a portable phone charger
The Voom 20 merges an ultra-compact design with full and powerful sound. The result is a conveniently portable speaker that goes anywhere. The Voom 20 houses two powerful 8W drivers and two subwoofers.
It will also able to charge up the iPhone 🙂
We have stopped reviewing protective cases, as there are hundreds of types available on EBay (direct from China), most of them for just a few dollars. And we should know, we have…too many.
We ordered two different cases for the iPhone 11 Pro Max (a soft clear silicone one and a faux-leather version with card holder) from random vendors, and got both for less than $6 total. We received them in a few weeks, and they fit perfectly. So for anyone looking for generic protective covers and don’t need it the same day, EBay is absolutely the way to go.
- The NexYZ adapter connects the smartphone camera to the eyepiece of a telescope/spotting scope/binoculars/microscope, making it easy to capture images and videos
- Its 3-axis directional knobs allow easy alignment of the phone’s camera to the eyepiece
- Stands up to field use
- Fits any eyepiece between 35-60mm in diameter
Celestron was one of the first to market a more robust adapter. It was kind of a beast and it was more for point & shoot cameras than smartphones, but it was sturdy and adjustable enough for those willing to spend the time to “dial it in” using its smartphone holder.
Recently Celestron released a 3-axis holder designed specifically for smartphones. When we saw it, we got really excited because we think it will now finally make astrophotography accessible to even the casual amateur!
- Type, navigate, swipe and scroll using finger taps and air gestures
- Works with smartphones, tablets, smart tvs, laptops, projectors, and augmented/virtual realities environments
- Customize finger combinations to input letters, numbers, symbols, macros, and hotkeys in any language, app, or operating system
- Works with all major operating systems, apps and devices
- Bluetooth 4.0, 10-hour battery life, 7-day standby
- Charging carrying case, USB cord, and supported apps included
For those not trapped by the past and those willing to stretch for the future…keyboard-less, anywhere, anytime input is here!
Tap Strap 2 is a virtual input device that uses chords to register text. There is no projected keyboard, no invisible key patterns, and no holograms. It is also a very precise and easy to use mouse.
Amazon links to items mentioned: