As in previous years, we have put together a series of RainyDayTastic GiftGuides for this holiday, full of suggestions for our readers. As with every one of our Guides, all of the items in this guide are either things we looked at, ones we reviewed and liked, or brand new gear we haven’t reviewed yet but we think you would like (because we think we would like them).
With portable electronic devices doing more than ever, power is something everyone wants and needs. The RainyDayInterns have put together a collection of power gear for home and auto.
- WeeGo PowerPack 44
- All-In-One Car Tool
- ChargeHub X3
- ChargeHub HomeBase
- MyCharge HubPlus
- Flip Duo
- PhotoFast PhotoCube C
Power for the car
Jump starters for cars have gotten smaller; have you noticed? The big reason is that batteries have gotten more powerful without becoming bulkier. Even though they’re smaller, additional functions (LED flashlights, USB charging, etc) have also been added to make them useful on a daily basis, not just something to reach for in emergencies. The two jump starters reviewed here are the smallest we have seen—small enough to fit into a stocking 🙂
- Can jump start engines (7L gas and 3.5L diesel) quickly and easily;
- 2100 peak amps and 400 true cranking amps, guaranteed;
- Up to 3 years standby power on a single charge and 1000 charging cycles;
- Built-in 500 lumen LED flashlight, smart USB charging, and a 12-volt port.
JumpSmart is the most practical vehicle jump starter on the market! Packed in a single, high-powered unit is a vehicle jump starter, a 4-mode LED flashlight, and a portable USB power bank.
- JUMP STARTER: The JumpSmart can jump start up to an 8-cylinder, 5.0-liter engine with ease (up to 2.0L Diesel). Its powerful 37,000 mWh, high-grade lithium-polymer battery can jump start most cars, trucks, SUVs, boats, motorcycles, lawn mowers, ATV’s, and more. Re-chargeable up to 1,000 times.
- FLASHLIGHT: The 8W, 330 lumen LED Flashlight has 4-modes (high-beam, low-beam, SOS, and strobe) is a perfect tool for daily use, traveling, outdoor activities, and emergency situations.
- POWER BANK: The patented SmartSpeed Technology can charge a USB device fast (at 2.4 amps) when you run out of power. Powers up virtually any device: mobile phone, tablet, camera, navigation unit, and more.
This multi-function car tool is a glass breaker, a seat-belt cutter, an LED flashlight, a USB charger, and a portable power bank all rolled into one portable device! We took a more detailed look at it last year and it is still a winner 🙂
Power for USB devices
- 3-Port USB desktop charging station 2.4A Per Port/25W;
- Space-saving design.
- Four 4000 mAh batteries in durable aluminum cases;
- Each battery has a built-in LED light;
- Drop-in charging station with an extra USB (5V / 2.1A) port.
HubPlus, FlipDuo, and PhotoCube C
- 6700 mAh external battery pack;
- Built-in cables and AC plug;
- Charges up to 3 devices simultaneously.
- USB travel adapter can be used anywhere in the world;
- Small 18 mm/0.7 inch design for traveling/packing;
- 3.4 A Dual USB Charger.
- Auto backups every time you charge the phone: calendar, contacts, photos and videos;
- Supports 4GB~2TB microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC cards.