The project we completed last week was to take the 1000 Chinese characters and convert it into an eBook viewable on the iPad. Converting the collection of images into a Word file took us some time. We had to work out all of the steps and export formats. As there were 1000 different characters, getting one out of sequence would have made the error difficult to track down. However, once we got into the rhythm of workflow, we were able to convert that and the rest of the different calligraphy styles in no time.
When we were done, we had four different versions of the 1000 Character text. Something like this would have been quite difficult to do physically, but to publish it as an eBook, it was no sweat at all. [Permalink] -ePublishing for the iPad